THE FUND FOR LOCAL COOPERATION (FLC) IN THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Objective of the Fund for Local Cooperation
The objective of the FLC is to complement other Finnish development efforts in the fields of poverty reduction and environmentally, economically and socially sustainable development, human rights, democracy and good governance and civil society strengthening. The Embassy’s Local Cooperation Fund has been operating in the Republic of Moldova since 2008.
The FLC supports the overall aim set for the Finnish Development Policy (read more about Finnish Development Policy on http://formin.finland.fi/Public/default.aspx?contentlan=2&culture=en-US&nodeid=15316), i.e. eradication of poverty and guaranteeing a dignified life for all. Cross-cutting objectives, including gender equality, reduction of social inequalities and climate sustainability are required to be integrated to all Finnish funded projects, emphasizing those aspects that benefit most in the local context.
The Embassy announces a call for proposals once in a year. The call for proposals in 2016 was closed on Monday 29th February 2016 at 16:00 hrs.
The Fund in the Republic of Moldova has two priority areas in 2016:
1. Support to the strengthening of democratic, inclusive and accountable society that promotes human rights.
- Promotion of the rights of the most vulnerable groups
- Strengthening of democratic principles and safeguarding human rights
2. Support to the freedom of expression and media diversity
- Promotion of transparency, access to information, accountability and public participation
Please find further information on the procedures for applying for funds from the following link: